Catch an amazing line-up of unpublished plays at CCP's Virgin Labfest 2016
Check out the schedule here.
(SPOT.ph) The Virgin Labfest is an annual festival of untried, untested, unstaged, and unpublished plays. This year, it will be held from June 29 to July 17 at the Tanghalang Huseng Batute (Studio Theater) in the Cultural Center of the Philippines. The Virgin Labfest (VLF) is a project of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) in cooperation with the Writer’s Bloc, Inc. and Tanghalang Pilipino and with the assistance of the National Commission for Culture and Arts.
Now on its 12th year, the VLF has earned a solid reputation for its exciting and provocative line-up of one-act plays from playwrights both young and old. In addition to the main features, there are staged readings, film screenings, and a Fellowship program for budding playwrights.
Schedule for Virgin Labfest 2016:
June 29 (Wednesday), 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
July 10 and 15 (Sunday and Friday), 3 p.m.
July 9 and 14 (Saturday and Thursday), 8 p.m.
• Oggie Arcenas's Si Jaya, Si Ronda, Si Barbra at ang Mahiwagang Kanta, directed by Roobak Valle
• Alexandra May Cardoso's Ang Sugilanon ng Kabiguan ni Epefania, directed by Charles Yee
• Jose Socrates delos Reyes's Dahan-Dahan ang Paglubog ng Araw, directed by Adolf Alix Jr.
June 30 (Saturday), 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
July 10 and 15 (Sunday and Friday), 8 p.m.
July 6 and 16 (Wednesday and Saturday), 3 p.m.
• Herlyn Alegre's Bahay-Bahayan, Tagu-Taguan, directed by Nicolo Magno
• Kanakan Balintagos's Loyalist, directed by Lawrence Fajardo
• Dominique La Victoria's Ang Bata sa Drum, directed by Dudz Teraña
July 1 (Friday), 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
July 7 and 17 (Thursday and Sunday), 3 p.m.
July 6 and 16 (Wednesday and Saturday), 8 p.m.
• Ma. Cecilia dela Rosa's Ang Mga Bisita ni Jean, directed by Ariel Yonzon
• Guelan Luarca's Bait, directed by Mara Marasigan
• Carlo Vergara's Mula sa Kulimliman, directed by Hazel Gutierrez
July 2 (Saturday), 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
July 8 and 13 (Friday and Wednesday), 3 p.m.
July 7 and 17 (Thursday and Sunday), 8 p.m.
• Ricardo Novenario's Daddy's Girl, directed by Nicolas Pichay
• Rick Patriarca's Hapagkainan, directed by Chris Martinez
• Eliza Victoria's Marte, directed by George de Jesus III
July 3 (Sunday), 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
July 9 and 14 (Saturday and Thursday), 3 p.m.
July 8 and 13 (Friday and Wednesday), 8 p.m.
• Eljay Castro Deldoc's Si Maria Isabella at ang Guryon ng mga Tala, directed by Ed Lacson Jr.
• Maynard Manansala's Dalawang Gabi, directed by Jade Castro
• Juan Miguel Severo's Hintayan ng Langit, directed by Raffy Tejada
STAGED READINGS (Bulwagang Amado Hernandez/Conference Hall)
SET A: July 1 (Friday), 6 p.m.
• Adrian Ho's Run, Marga, Run, directed by Emmanuel dela Cruz
• Job Pagsibigan's Mrs. Victoria, directed by Guelan Luarca
• Jonathan Tadioan's Dinuguan, directed by Dennis Marasigan
SET B: July 8 (Friday), 6 p.m.
• Vincent de Jesus's Changing Partners, directed by Rem Zamora
SET C: July 14 (Thursday), 6 p.m.
• Layeta Bucoy's Mac and Naty, directed by Tuxqs Rutaquio
FILM SCREENINGS (Tanghalang Manuel Conde/Dream Theater)
• Imbisibol, directed by Lawrence Fajardo
June 29 (Wednesday), 6 p.m.
July 7 (Thursday), 6 p.m.
July 16 (Saturday), 6 p.m.
• David F., directed by Emmanuel Q. Palo
• Geegee at Waterina, directed by J. Dennis C. Teodosio
June 30 (Thursday), 6 p.m.
July 9 (Saturday), 6 p.m.
July 13 (Wednesday), 6 pm
• Hubad, directed by Denisa Reyes and Mark Gary
July 2 (Saturday), 6 p.m.
July 6 (Wednesday), 6 p.m.
July 15 (Friday), 6 p.m.
- Featured Works: P350
- Film Screenings: P150
- Festival Pass (5 sets): P1,400
- Overload Festival Pass (5 sets and 3 movies): P1,600
Tickets and festival passes are available at the CCP Box Office. Single tickets can also be purchased online through Ticketworld.
The Cultural Center of the Philippines is at Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City.