Join LAGABLAB, an online poetry contest by Drunken Poetry Night
Hurry, closing date for entries is on April 6.
(SPOT.ph) Have you ever noticed how a bit of alcohol can make you more...articulate? Three friends did and they're turning it into art by forming Drunken Poetry Night or DPN, a community open for lovers of poetry and culture.
DPN is set to hold their 10th reading, and they're kicking off the 2016 series in April by holding their first online poetry contest, LAGABLAB. It’s open to all followers of DPN, and they will award three winners in the English category and three winners in the Filipino category.
Interested? Make sure you check out the contest rules:
- Closing date for entries: April 6
- Winners will be notified on April 8 or 9 by text and/or through e-mail
- Results will be publicly announced on April 9 at an event called DPN 10: LAGABLAB: Ika-Sampung Pagbasa
Here's how to join:
- Like their Facebook page.
- Send your entries in Word file through Facebook message.
- The two categories (English and Filipino) may be awarded to the same person.
- Poems must not have been published either in print or on a website, not be currently submitted or accepted for future publication. They must not previously have been awarded a prize in another competition.
- Entries must follow the contest theme: WHITE HEAT / LAGABLAB.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- No correspondence will be entered into once work has been submitted.
- Poems cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered.
- Copyright remains with the authors, but we reserve the right to publish the winning poems. Copyright reverts to author after one year.
- Your entry in the competition means you accept these rules.
DPN 10: LAGABLAB: Ika-Sampung Pagbasa will be held at 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, at the pool deck of B Hotel, Quezon City.
B Hotel QC is at 14 Scout Rallos Street, Barangay Laging Handa, Quezon City. For more details, visit Drunken Poetry Night’s Facebook page.
Photo from Pixabay