Vandalize a wall, go on a bike tour + more at Intramuros this weekend
Design Week Philippines kicks off on April 16 with all sorts of fun activities!
(SPOT.ph) Got a packed weekend? Make room for Design Week Philippines! From sketch walks to quaint crafts at the weekend market, the event is sure to be a treasure trove of Filipino creativity and design.
Design Week Philippines brings together design enthusiasts from different backgrounds in nine days of celebrating creativity. Presented by the Department of Trade and Indrustry, through the Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions, the event is happening from April 16 to 24. It will also be the launch of the first creative environment—Intramuros. The Walled City is set to become a hub for entrepreneurs who seek to keep a steady equilibrium between history and contemporary ideas.
The week is going to be packed with 13 events, eight venues, and 18 partners gathered for this occasion. Here are some of the highlights:
- Workshops and Demonstrations by Alessa Lanot of Life After Breakfast PH, in collaboration with Abbey Sy and Tippy Go.
- Street Art by Ang Gerilya, April 16 to 20, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Gen. Luna Street.
- Sketch Walks with Workshops by Urban Sketchers, April 16 and17, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., at the Teatrillo and Casa Blanca, Plaza San Luis Complex.
- Weekend Market by Viva Manila, April 16 and 17, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Gen. Luna Street (from Anda to Real)
- Screening of Past Sinag Maynila Films by Solar Entertainment at the NCCA Auditorium, April 19, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with three segments: Swap, Imbisibol, and Bambanti.
- Design Trails by Bambike Ecotours at Casa Manila, April 17 to 24
Manila FAME, one of the most awaited design and lifestyle events in the country, is also set to happen from April 21 to 24.
For more information and a full list of events, visit Design Week Philippines’ Facebook page.
Photos from Design Week Philippines' Facebook page