(SPOT.ph) You might be dining out at restaurants again sooner than you think. The Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases has approved the gradual resumption of dine-in services at restaurants in areas under general community quarantine. This is effective starting June 15.
According to Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez, restaurants, fast-food outlets, and other establishments may only operate at up to 30% capacity. “This is in preparation for the eventual de-escalation of Metro Manila and similar areas from [general community quarantine] (GCQ) to modified GCQ in the near future,” he says in an interview with CNN.
Lopez says dine-in services need to resume as it comprises 70 to 80 percent of restaurants’ operations.
Lopez also suggests following safety measures, such as physical distancing, spacing tables 1.5 meters apart, wearing face masks, regular sanitation, and installing acrylic or clear barriers in between customers. The Department of Tourism on June 9 released guidelines for accredited restaurants, one of which is the prohibition of buffets.
The Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF)’s recommendations will be presented to President Rodrigo Duterte, who is expected to meet with them on June 15.
Dining in has previously been approved at 50 percent capacity for restaurants in areas under modified general community quarantine.
The areas in the Philippines under general community quarantine include Metro Manila; Regions II, III, and IV-A; Pangasinan and Albay; and the cities of Davao, Baguio, and Iloilo.
Main image by Alex Holyoake/Unsplash.
this strange new world.