Nora Aunor says P-Noy should not have been elected President
She joins the ranks of, well, a lot of people.
Photo via Interaksyon
(SPOT.ph) It turns out that screen legend Nora Aunor has a statement shirt of her own-one that reads, "Proud to be Filipino. Ashamed of my government."
She wore the shirt on Tuesday as she joined a protest march commemorating the 20th death anniversary of domestic helper Flor Contemplacion (whom she also portrayed in a movie). The actress also delivered an equally strongly worded speech in Filipino, calling for President Benigno Aquino III’s resignation. Here are five of the most hard-hitting statements she made during her speech:
1. "...Lalong dumami, milyun-milyon, ang mga nabiktima sa ilalim ng panunungkulan ni Pangulong Noynoy Aquino. Karamihan sa kanila ay napipilitang lumabas ng bansa sa paraang ligal man o ligal, at nakararanas ng mapagsamantalang mga kundisyon sa labas ng bansa."
2. "...Nananatiling hungkag at ilusyon ang ’matuwid na daan’ at pagpapakitang-tao ni Noynoy, na hindi na natin aasahang magpapatupad pa ng matinong programa para sa mga OFW."
3. "...Dahil sa kanyang patuloy na pagpapatupad ng patakarang labor export, siya ang pinakamasahol na pangulo para sa migranteng Pilipino at pamilya."
4. "Noynoy, papet, pahirap at pahamak sa migranteng Pilipino at pamilya! Nakabubuhay na sahod sa Pinas, hindi trabaho sa labas! "
5. "...Ang totoo po, si Noynoy ang pangunahing tagabenta, pahamak at pahirap ng ating kababayan."
In another report, Aunor was also quoted saying that the Aquino administration is "more repressive than others" because he "isn’t doing anything" and that he supposedly doesn’t know what’s happening. She clarified, however, that her statements have nothing to do with that time P-Noy didn’t choose her as National Artist.
Judging by these recent trust and approval polls, a lot of people probably agree with her.