These two Pinoy rom-com favorites are starring in a new movie together
Here's everything we know about The Breakup Playlist
Photo via PEP.ph
(SPOT.ph) After the unlikely yet surprisingly charming team-up of Coco Martin and Toni Gonzaga for You're My Boss comes another new love team set to hit the big screen: Piolo Pascual and Sarah Geronimo.
The two rom-com favorites are slated to star in an upcoming romance-slash-drama called The Breakup Playlist (which will probably draw in the hugot crowd with that title alone). Here's everything we know about the movie...so far:
- Sarah will play an aspiring singer named Trixie, while Piolo will portray a rock musician (whose name we still don't know).
- Despite the title and their characters, the movie will not be a musical. The director stresses that it's simply a story of two musicians.
- Don't worry, there will still be a lot of music in the film. According to Papa P, the movie will "revolve around the songs in our lives [and] in our relationship."
- Viewers can also expect concert scenes in the movie that will feature other artists aside from the two starring leads.
- Speaking of the director, Dan Villegas was the man behind the award-winning English Only, Please in 2014. He also directed other romance movies, including She's the One in 2013 and Unofficially Yours in 2012.
Photo via Dan Villegas' Instagram account
The Breakup Playlist is scheduled to hit theaters later this year.