Richard Gutierrez reconciles with PEP + more of the week's lowlights
Andrew Paredes' juicy commentary on the hit headlines: "A tip for Ara: Two negatives make a positive."
1. DRIVER GOES ON COUNTERFLOW ALONG EDSA-ORTIGAS, CRASHES INTO 25 VEHICLES. More than ever, don't ask why people go crazy. Ask why they don't.
2. NBI SAYS THEY MAY BE CLOSING IN ON LACSON, SENATOR MAY BE IN MINDANAO. Pssst! Does the house of Ping's mom have a basement?
3. CAMPAIGN PERIOD OFFICIALLY KICKS OFF FEBRUARY 9. I failed to mark this milestone–I was too distracted watching Manny Villar swim in a sea of rubbish.
4. GORDON ALLEGES THAT VILLAR UNDERWENT BOTOX PROCEDURE. Belo and Calayan for President and Veep in 2016!
5. RICHARD GUTIERREZ RECONCILES WITH PEP. If you read the fine print, the people at PEP haven't been saying anything different from when this whole thing started. But hey, if an apology at the DOJ gets Richard an invitation to the YES! 10th anniversary bash, we're happy for him.
6. ARA MINA SAYS SHE IS "FOR" PRIVATE ARMIES, "AGAINST" ANTI-PORNOGRAPHY. A tip for Ara: Two negatives make a positive, and using your social calendar as an excuse for not keeping abreast of Maguindanao is definitely a negative.
7. SHOWBIZ FOLK UP IN ARMS OVER COMELEC PROVISION THAT THEY MUST GO ON LEAVE IF THEY ENDORSE CANDIDATES. Though I'd imagine they'd be laying low for awhile after Ara Mina represented them so sterlingly.
8. ROTATING BROWNOUTS LOOM OVER LUZON. Oh well, at least we didn't spend Valentine's in the dark. Not that that would've been a bad thing.
9. MICHAEL JACKSON'S PERSONAL PHYSICIAN PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER CHARGES. So I guess that means he "voluntarily" pumped the King of Pop with Propofol and left for a few minutes to chat with his girlfriend?
10. JOHN MAYER APOLOGIZES FOR BASHING EXES JESSICA SIMPSON AND JENNIFER ANISTON, AND CALLING HIS PENIS A "WHITE SUPREMACIST" FOR HIS PREFERENCE FOR WHITE WOMEN IN PLAYBOY INTERVIEW. Your body may be a wonderland, but your image is a death camp.