The Hit Least (Election Edition): Milestones in Mudslinging
SPOT.ph lists some of the dirtiest moments leading up to the May 10 elections.
We suspect that the amount of mud–some in-your-face, others sneaky, and a few seemingly unintentional–thrown during the campaign season is enough to form a tiny planet. SPOT.ph recalls some of the dirtiest moments leading up to the May 10 elections.
1. THE POWER TRIO OF MASA ENTERTAINMENT–MANNY PACQUIAO, WILLIE REVILLAME, AND DOLPHY–PITCHES A MANNY VILLAR PRESIDENCY. If you can't throw verbal punches at your opponents out in the open, hire famous people to do it for you.
2. THE AMPATUAN FAMILY EXPRESSES THEIR SUPPORT FOR NOYNOY AQUINO. With supporters like these, you might as well sling mud at yourself.
3. PRESIDENTIABLE JAMBY MADRIGAL CALLS CANDIDATE FOR VICE PRESIDENT LOREN LEGARDA A "POLITICAL PROSTITUTE." Leave the streetwalkers out of this, please.
4. CANDIDATE FOR VICE PRESIDENT JEJOMAR BINAY'S PAST INFIDELITY IS EXPOSED. Sorry, folks, this didn't elicit the shock you expected.
5. CANDIDATE FOR BATANGAS GOVERNOR ARMAND SANCHEZ SEEKS TO HAVE RIVAL VILMA SANTOS DISQUALIFIED FOR OVERSIZED POSTERS–BUT HE LATER DIES FROM HEAT STROKE. This isn't exactly what you would call a stroke of good luck for Ate Vi.
6. BABY JAMES YAP, NEPHEW OF PRESIDENTIABLE NOYNOY AQUINO, SAYS "VILLAR!" The whole nation could hear the explosive laughter at Manny Villar's campaign headquarters.
7. THE COMMISSION ON ELECTIONS DISCOVERS THAT SOME CANDIDATES PLAN TO ASK THEIR SUPPORTERS TO VOTE SLOW SO OTHERS WOULD RUN OUT OF TIME TO DO SO. How criminally creative!
8. PRESIDENTIABLE MANNY VILLAR IS ACCUSED OF BEING GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO'S SECRET BET WHILE NONOY AQUINO IS CALLED "TOPAK." Quick! Get some popcorn! This is better than Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman!
9. SINGER-COMPOSER RICO BLANCO SLAMS PRESIDENTIABLE GILBERTO TEODORO'S CAMP FOR USING HIS SONG. Righteous mud thrown by a rock star? Cool!
10. FAKE NOYNOY AQUINO PSYCH TEST GOES VIRAL. Thank God it's not a sex video.
Special Mother's Day Mention:
MANNY VILLAR'S MOTHER COMES OUT TO DEFEND HIM. Mommy as your mud guard?