Top 10 Killer Lines From Magkaribal
We list the most deliciously wicked lines from <em>Magkaribal.</em>
Billed as a fashion-serye, ABS-CBN’s Magkaribal has gained a large following since it started airing on June 28, 2010. The story’s most fascinating combatants are fashion mavens Vera Cruz (Angel Aquino) and Victoria Valera (Gretchen Barretto). The former is the latter’s stepmother. How’d that happen? Well, it’s wonderfully complicated. (Check out the show’s synopsis.) Though the show uses a number of tried-and-tested telenovela conventions (such as the wicked stepmother, the separated siblings, and love triangles), some very refreshing twists have been added. Best of all, the characters are living showcases for the creations of Filipino fashion designers like Jojie Loren, Inno Sotto, Ivarluski Aseron, Frederick Peralta, and more. And of course, the lines delivered by Vera and Victoria border on campy--just the way we like it. SPOT.ph lists 10 killer lines from Vera and Victoria.
Magkaribal is dramatic and decadent, the best kind of escapist entertainment.
1. "Love is a liability. It makes you do the most stupid things. Punyetang pagmamahal ’yan!" -Victoria to Ronaldo (Robert Arevalo), her adoptive father
2. "Sinasabi ko na nga ba! Everybody bows down to the queen." -Vera to her employees, after being told that Victoria has backed out of a fashion show
Her role as Victoria seems tailor-made for Gretchen Barretto.
3. "You want war? I’ll give you war. Sabihin mo lang kung saan at kailan. I’ll be there in my red stilettos." -Victoria to Vera, when the former goes to the latter’s office to confront her
4. "That sneaky, social-climbing whore! If it’s a showdown Victoria wants...then ’yun ang ibibigay ko sa kanya." -Vera talking about Victoria
5. "I have been in the fashion business for three decades. Boss ako. Designer ka. Kung sinabi kong tumalon ka, tatalon ka. Kung ’di mo kaya, umalis ka." -Vera to Gelai (Bea Alonzo), a young designer who’s also Victoria’s long-lost sister (though none of them know it yet)
This Victoria versus Vera verbal smackdown is epic.
6. "Oh, my dear evil, aging stepmother, I’m not just looking for any kind of job. I already have one. Now, I want yours." -Victoria to Vera
7. "If Victoria wants to play dirty, then I can roll in the mud with her." -Vera to Donna (Nina Ricci Alagao), her assistant and favorite confidante
Model-actress Angel Aquino is anything but an angel when she plays Vera Cruz.
8. "Basta ako, ayaw ko ng laban that would take years in court. I want Vera’s quick and painful downfall. That’s how I’ll get her." -Victoria to Ronaldo
9. "Kulang na kulang pa ’yan Vera, dahil isinusumpa ko sa ’yo: pagbabayaran mo lahat ng ginawa mo sa akin. Kukunin ko lahat ng ninakaw mo sa akin. Wala akong ititira sa ’yo, maski na pangalan mo." -Victoria to Vera, in a confrontation scene staged in the ladies’ room
10. "What are we, Louie? Aren’t we just two people having sex?" -Victoria to Louie (Derek Ramsay), her boy toy
Magkaribal publicity poster courtesy of ABS-CBN.