Maynilad schedules water interruption September 28 to October 1 in Quezon City, Las Piñas, Caloocan, Valenzuela, Malabon
QTV video: Maynilad schedules water interruption
Maynilad has scheduled a water service interruption from September 28 to October 1 in certain areas in five cities: Caloocan, Valenzuela, Malabon, Las Piñas and Quezon. Citing radio dzBB, GMANews.tv reports that the interruption is due to the repair and maintenance work on the Angat Hydroelectric Power Plant.
The affected areas, according to MayniladWater.com.ph:
September 28 (6 a.m.) to September 30 (9 p.m.)
- Caloocan City: Barangay Bagong Barrio
- Valenzuela City: Barangays Maysan, Marulas, Karuhatan and Gen T. de Leon
- Malabon City: Barangays Potrero, Tugatog, Acacia, Dampalit, Tanza, Tangos, Hulong Duhat, San Jose and Sipac-Almacen
- Las Piñas: Barangays CAA (upper portion) and Talon 1 (upper portion)
- Quezon City: Barangays Batasan Hills, Bagong Silangan, Holy Spirit and Nagkaisang Nayon
September 28 (6 a.m.) to October 1 (9 p.m.)
- Quezon City: Barangays Sauyo, Talipapa, Tandang Sora, Baesa and Bahay Toro
- Caloocan City: Barangays 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 and 164
- Areas serviced by Maynilad that are not on the list will experience low water pressure.
Maynilad has five static water tanks and 24 water tankers but the deployment of these units will be based on calls to the concessionaire’s hotline 1626, Maynilad Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Head Cherubim Ocampo told Balitanghali.
ABS-CBNNews.com quoted Maynilad as saying, "Expect water discoloration during this period due to the abnormal water supply level in Maynilad’s pipe network. Once the Angat Hydro Electric Power Plant resumes its operations and water supply to our pipe network improves, we will conduct the necessary flushing operations to address the water discoloration."