MMDA announces alternate routes for People Power anniversary
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) yesterday announced the alternate routes for motorists traveling along EDSA on February 25, the 25th People Power anniversary commemoration.
"Closure starts from the Service Road along EDSA after Ortigas Avenue northbound. Two lanes from EDSA-Ortigas flyover (are) still passable up to Aguinaldo Gate," GMA News quoted the MMDA.
The northbound lanes from Ortigas Avenue to Santolan will be partially closed from 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. and will be completely closed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. It will be partially closed (with two passable inner lanes) from 9 a.m. onwards.
GMA News listed down the alternate routes the MMDA advised motorists to take:
From the EDSA northbound lane:
- Right to McKinley Road to C5 to destination
- Right at Kalayaan Avenue to C5 to destination
- Take Rockwell flyover, (turn) left to Estrella and use Estrella/Pantaleon Bridge, which is now open to traffic
- Right at J.P. Rizal Avenue to C5 to destination
- Right at Pioneer Street to C5 to destination
- Right at Shaw Boulevard to C5 to destination
- Right at J. Vargas Avenue to C5 to destination
Along Ortigas Avenue:
- Left turning traffic from Greenhills to EDSA must go straight along Ortigas Avenue to destination
- Right turning traffic from Meralco Avenue must go straight to Greenhills to destination
The People Power commemoration activities on February 25 will start with a flag-raising ceremony at 7:30 a.m. at the People Power monument, EDSA corner White Plains Avenue, Quezon City.