Ateneo graduate tops 2010 Bar Exams
GMA News report
Cesareo Antonio Singzon Jr. from Ateneo de Manila topped the 2010 Bar Exams with a score of 89 percent, reports ABS-CBN News.
According to the list released yesterday, five Ateneo graduates were in the Top 10-including Singzon-plus four from the University of the Philippines, two from Arellano University and one from the University of San Carlos.
The top 10 successful examinees, according to Inquirer.net:
1. Cesareo Antonio Singzon Jr., Ateneo de Manila - 89 percent
2. Filemon Ray L. Javier, Ateneo de Manila - 86.95 percent
3. Paolo Carlo C. Tolentino, Arellano University - 86.8 percent
4. Janette R. Ancog, Ateneo de Davao University - 85.9 percent
5. Johana T. Sunga, Ateneo de Manila - 85.85 percent
6. Krizelle Marie F. Poblacion, University of the Philippines - 85.65 percent
7. Maria Christina C. Ortua and Krystal Lyn T. Uy, University of the Philippines - 85.05 percent (tie)
8. Joanna Eileen M. Capones, University of the Philippines - 84.8 percent
9. William Benson S. Gan, Ateneo de Manila - 84.75 percent
10. Glenn C. Carampatana (University of San Carlos) and Darren L. Salipsip (Arellano University) - 84.55 percent (tie)
The Supreme Court said only 982 out of 4,847 examinees passed, reports GMA News Online. The passing rate was 20.26 percent, the second lowest in nearly a decade. According to Inquirer.net, the passing grade was 72.5.
For the complete list of passers, log on to GMA News Online.