2011 TOYM awardees include Mayor Sherwin Gatchalian, Gerard Salonga and "Injap" Sia II
Interaksyon.com reports that President Benigno Aquino III and the Junior Chamber International-Philippines on Wednesday awarded The Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines (TOYM) to seven individuals.
Interaksyon.com reports that President Benigno Aquino III and the Junior Chamber International-Philippines awarded The Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines (TOYM) to seven individuals:
1. Maria Antonia Arroyo, daughter of Senator Joker Arroyo, chief executive officer of Hybridigm Consulting, the first biotechnology consultancy firm in the Philippines.
2. Raul Destura, an infectious disease physician and molecular biologist whose dengue lamp test kit has been adopted by the Department of Health.
3. Sherwin Gatchalian, who is now serving his third term as the mayor of Valenzuela City.
4. Salvador Leachon, the mayor of Calapan City who worked as a taxi driver and fastfood chain crew member before becoming a public servant.
5. Gerard Salonga, a musical director and summa cum laude graduate from the Berklee College of Music in Bostonm who has embarked on a project entitled "Musika Natin," a collection "celebrating the genius of Filipino musical artists."
6. Edgar Sia II, a Capiz native who founded the Mang Inasal restaurant chain.
7. Antonio Tiu, who is the chairman of AgriNurture Inc., which is "the biggest fruit and vegetable supplier to Shoemart groceries and malls nationwide."
For more on this story, log on to Interaksyon.com.