Sharon Cuneta takes on Twitter trolls, Pacman’s retirement + more lowlights
Anne Curtis set to quit singing, Maricel Soriano’s domestic woes, and more nutty tales.
1. "NOYNOYING" CATCHES ON AND NOW ALL IT NEEDS ARE T-SHIRTS. Under different circumstances, getting your name turned into a verb for chilling out would be a cool thing.
2. PALACE RELEASES PHOTOS OF P-NOY AT WORK. Under different circumstances, this also wouldn’t remind us of that line from an old Immodium ad. ("Mukhang guilty!")
3. P-NOY ADMINISTRATION THINKS A ₱125 WAGE HIKE, WHICH WAS PROPOSED BACK IN 1999, IS "TOO MUCH." Speaking of Immodium... Don’t you just love "character-building" crap like this?
4. ANNE CURTIS ANNOUNCES THAT SHE’LL QUIT SINGING RIGHT AFTER HER ANNEBISYOSA WORLD TOUR. That’s too bad...the singing was beginning to grow on us. (We especially liked her rendition of Heart’s "Alone.")
5. AT ONE POINT, ONE OF CHIEF JUSTICE RENATO CORONA’S IMPEACHMENT TRIAL LAWYERS SAID THEY MIGHT HAVE A "SURPRISE WITNESS." It’s hard to inject suspense in a trial that’s become the legal equivalent of a hemorrhoid removal.
<>6. EVER GOTESCO GRAND CENTRAL BURNS FOR DAYS. Kids, this is not how you mark Fire Prevention Month. <> <> <> <>7. SHARON CUNETA DEALS WITH TWITTER TROLLS. Megastar, they’re way beneath you. <> <> <> <>8. REGINE VELASQUEZ SLAMS CYBERBULLIES WHO MADE NASTY REMARKS ABOUT HER SON, OGIE ALCASID BACKS HER. Yes, the online world can be a very cruel place sometimes. <> <> <> <>9. MARICEL SORIANO MAKES PEACE WITH HER TWO FORMER EMPLOYEES. Now, this is an improvement. <> <> <> <>10. MANNY PACQUIAO SAYS GOD HAS TOLD HIM TO RETIRE AND HIS SPIRITUAL COACH SAYS THAT THE BOXER-LAWMAKER COULD EVEN BECOME A PASTOR. Hold on, we’re still processing the first part. <> <> <>Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph.