P-Noy slams the media, Noranians vs. Vilmanians + more lowlights
Plus, Brian McKnight’s X-rated ditty, the Ara Mina-Cristine Reyes feud, and more nutty tales.
1. POLICE STILL CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHO STRAFED RETIRED UP PROFESSOR AND PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER COLUMNIST RANDY DAVID’S HOUSE INSIDE THE UP DILIMAN CAMPUS. What are the chances of them ever figuring it out and then preventing anything like this from ever happening again?
2. A WATER REFILLING STATION IN ANONAS, QUEZON CITY BURNS DOWN. It’s beyond ironic.
3. INFORMAL SETTLERS PREPARE STINK BOMBS MADE FROM HUMAN WASTE TO REPEL DEMOLITION TEAMS. If you want respect, throwing shit around isn’t the best way to get it.
4. FORMER FIRST GENTLEMAN MIKE ARROYO IS ALLOWED TO TRAVEL ABROAD AFTER PAYING A ₱90,000 BOND. Are we supposed to be happy for him?
5. IN THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO, BRIAN MCKNIGHT, WHO SANG "ONE LAST CRY," SINGS A SONG THAT HAS A LINE THAT GOES, "LET ME SHOW YOU HOW YOUR PUSSY WORKS." It’s either he’s going through a mid-life crisis or he’s on drugs. (And, no, the song is not about a cat.)
6. STUDENTS TOLD TO EXPECT TUITION FEE HIKES. Will there be rebates if it turns out that, say, one teacher isn’t that great?
7. P-NOY SLAMS THE MEDIA FOR BEING TOO NEGATIVE. OK, from now on we’ll do more stories about your love life.
8. P-NOY AND GRACE LEE SPOTTED AT THE SERGIO MENDES CONCERT. We’re doing this for the good of the nation.
9. NORA AUNOR’S FANS AND VILMA SANTOS’ FANS ARGUE OVER WHICH ACTRESS IS WORTHY OF BEING NAMED NATIONAL ARTIST. Who cares about the Scarborough Shoal when we can argue about this instead?
10. THE ARA MINA-CRISTINE REYES FEUD IS STILL ON. This is what you follow if you’re not getting enough excitement from the China vs. Philippines territorial tiff.
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph