Pacman’s Bible verse brouhaha, the Derek-Angelica break-up + more lowlights
Plus, Dionisia Pacquiao parties hard, the Tulfo vs. Raymart & Claudine saga, and more nutty tales.
1. HARVEY KEH, LEAD CONVENOR OF OF KAYA NATIN!, GETS SLAMMED BY SEN. MIRIAM SANTIAGO FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS OBTAINED FROM AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE AS EVIDENCE IN THE CORONA IMPEACHMENT TRIAL. It’s like going to battle using a gun loaded with bubbles.
2. THE MMDA PLANS TO BE MORE STRICT ABOUT ENFORCING THE RULES AGAINST JAYWALKING. We thought the "Walang tawiran. Nakakamatay." sign would work-but apparently it takes more than a death threat to take down the metro’s hardcore jaywalkers. (Good luck, MMDA!)
3. THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION LAUNCHES THE "SEARCH FOR THE HAPPIEST PINOY" CONTEST. We can tell you who won’t win this contest: Parents who have to deal with the new K+12 program.
4. SENATOR GRINGO HONASAN WANTS TO STRIKE OUT THE 5’4" HEIGHT REQUIREMENT FOR PNP CANDIDATES. Sure, but could you raise the EQ requirement while you’re at it?
5. P-NOY’S 2011 SALN REVEALS HIS ASSETS GREW BY ₱10 MILLION AND HE JOKES THAT HE WANTS TO BE A PRIEST IN 2016. With that sort of cash, you can start your own religion.
6. THE RAMON TULFO VS. CLAUDINE BARRETTO AND RAYMART SANTIAGO SAGA CONTINUES. It was good for a few articles, but now it’s not so funny anymore. (Next celebrity brawl, please!)
7. A U.S.-BASED SCRIBE’S ARTICLE CAUSES CONFUSION ABOUT BOXING CHAMP MANNY PACQUIAO’S STANCE ON SAME-SEX MARRIAGE. Lost in over-translation?
8. NADIA MONTENEGRO’S PARTNER, FORMER CALOOCAN MAYOR BOY ASISTIO, SUES ANNABELLE RAMA FOR UNJUST VEXATION AND LIBEL. We sure hope the low-key Eddie Gutierrez doesn’t get dragged into this as well.
9. DIONISIA PACQUIAO ENTERTAINS HER 800 GUESTS ON HER 63RD BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH HER SONG AND DANCE NUMBERS. Mark Twain said, "There are no grades of vanity, there are only grades of ability in concealing it."
10. AFTER SIX YEARS, DEREK RAMSAY AND ANGELICA PANGANIBAN HAVE CALLED IT QUITS. Six years as a couple? That’s like 50 years in showbiz!