Out of 285 Congress members, only a little over 30 post perfect attendance; Gloria Arroyo and Manny Pacquiao among those with the most number of absen
Paolo Romero of The Philippine Star reports: "Speaker Feliciano ’Sonny’ Belmonte Jr. leads over 30 lawmakers who posted perfect attendance at the House of Representatives during the second regular session of the 15th Congress."
Paolo Romero of The Philippine Star reports: "Speaker Feliciano ’Sonny’ Belmonte Jr. leads over 30 lawmakers who posted perfect attendance at the House of Representatives during the second regular session of the 15th Congress." The report pointedout: "There are a total of 52 session days in the second regular session that opened on July 25, 2011 and adjourned last June 6. The House has 285 members." Below is the full list of those with perfect attendance (Please see the note after the list.).
1. Sonny Belmonte
2. Emmeline Aglipay of DIWA party-list
3. Leopoldo Bataoil of Pangasinan
4. Diosdado Arroyo of Camarines Sur
5. Mitzi Cajayon of Caloocan
6. Jane Castro of Capiz
7. Jesus Celeste of Pangasinan
8. Enrique Cojuangco of Tarlac
9. Simeon Datumanong of Maguindanao
10. Rachel del Mar of Cebu
11. Erico Basilio Fabian of Zamboanga City
12. Salvio Fortuno of Camarines Sur
13. Albert Garcia of Bataan
14. Roilo Golez of Parañaque
15. Neptali Gonzales II of Mandaluyong
16. Agapito Guanlao of BUTIL
17. Ted Haresco Jr. of Ang Kasangga
18. David Kho of Senior Citizens
19. Antonio Lagdameo Jr. of Davao del Norte
20. Edcel Lagman of Albay
21. Isidro Lico of Ating Koop
22. Eleandro Jesus Madrona of Romblon
23. Reena Obillo of Una Ang Pamilya
24. Angelo Palmones of Agham
25. Elmer Panotes of Camarines Norte
26. Jesus Paras of Bukidnon
27. Deogracias Ramos Jr. of Sorsogon
28. Herminia Roman of Bataan
29. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez of Leyte
30. Pedro Romualdo of Camiguin
31. Nur-Ana Sahidulla
32. Cesar Sarmiento of Catanduanes
33. Baby Aline Vargas-Alfonso
*Note: The title of Romero’s report indicated that 34 lawmakers had perfect attendance. However, when we listed down the names enumerated in the report, we only came up with 33 names.
Romero’s report futher noted that "21 lawmakers were listed as having low attendance in plenary sessions, including former President and now Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (33 absences due to her prolonged hospitalization) and boxing champion and Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao (21 absences due to his international bouts and training)." The report added: "Other Representatives with many absences include Reps. Carmelo Lazatin, Julio Ledesma, Juan Miguel Arroyo, Raymond Mendoza, and Augusto Syjuco."
For more on this story, log on to Philstar.com.