Philip Salvador vs. Daniel Fernando, Mon Tulfo’s legal revenge + more lowlights
Plus, Manny Pacquiao’s new chopper, James Yap’s love life, and more nutty tales.
1. STILL SMARTING FROM THE CONTROVERSIAL DECISION IN HIS FIGHT AGAINST TIM BRADLEY, MANNY PACQUIAO BUYS A HELICOPTER. Nothing like splurging to make some of the pain go away.
2. THERE AREN’T ENOUGH CLASSROOMS IN PANGASINAN’S PUBLIC SCHOOLS. They don’t need the "K+12 Program," they need the "K+Classrooms Program.
3. IN A TRAFFIC ALTERCATION IN QUEZON CITY, A VAN DRIVER SHOOTS A TRICYCLE DRIVER, AS WELL AS THE TRICYCLE’S PASSENGER-A 12-YEAR-OLD BOY. If the pollution doesn’t kill you, some idiot who’s caught in an action film inside his head will do it. (Thank God, the tricycle driver and the boy survived.)
4. TWO POLICEMEN ALLEGEDLY USE STREET KIDS TO STEAL FOR THEM. Are we having fun yet?
5. WHITENING PRODUCTS THAT ARE ALLEGEDLY FROM CHINA HAVE HIGH MERCURY CONTENT. They ban our bananas and yet we love their (allegedly) dangerous beauty products.
6. RAYMART SANTIAGO AND CLAUDINE BARRETTO FACE RAMON TULFO AT THE FISCAL’S OFFICE, TULFO CONSIDERS FILING AN ATTEMPTED HOMICIDE CASE AGAINST THEM. To err is human, to forgive divine, and to sue is Tulfo.
7. DESPITE THE CASES FILED AGAINST HER, ANNABELLE RAMA SOLDIERS ON WITH HER POLITICAL GOAL. Maybe we should ask her to get rid of terrorist groups, too.
8. A MAN WHO’S WANTED FOR MURDER AND DRUG TRAFFICKING IS ARRESTED AFTER EIGHT YEARS. Wow, that was fast. (Insert the sarcasm where you may.)
9. PHILIP SALVADOR WILL GO UP AGAINST DANIEL FERNANDO FOR VICE GOVERNOR OF BULACAN IN THE 2013 POLLS. This is better than just another rehashed MMFF entry.
10. JAMES YAP SAYS HE’S NOT READY TO REMARRY. Dude, no need to explain.
Art by Warren Espejo, with videos from GMA News Online and a screenshot of a PEP.ph video.