Aga Muhlach’s political move, Mitos Magsaysay’s "heavenly" statement + more lowlights
Plus, Mark Barriga’s loss, Imelda Marcos’ anti-flood charm, and more nutty tales.
1. AGA MUHLACH JOINS THE LIBERAL PARTY AND WILL RUN FOR CONGRESS NEXT YEAR. Aren’t you too young for a midlife crisis? (For the love of God, just buy a ridiculously expensive sports car or something.)
2. WHEN QUEZON CITY MAYOR HERBERT BAUTISTA IS ASKED ABOUT THE FLOODING IN E. RODRIGUEZ SR. AVENUE, HE SAYS THE FLOODING "NATURAL" SINCE THERE ARE BODIES OF WATER CLOSE BY. What’s natural about a flooded hospital?
3. P-NOY AND COMPANY VISIT MUNTINLUPA TO HAND OUT RELIEF GOODS-AND GET FLAK FOR A PHOTO THAT LOOKS LIKE THEY’RE ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL. Well, they do say that a picture paints a thousand words. (Screenshot of photo as posted on InterAksyon.com)
4. REP. MITOS MAGSAYSAY ALLEGEDLY ATTRIBUTES THE DELUGE THAT WREAKED HAVOC ON METRO MANILA AS GOD’S RESPONSE TO THE RH BILL MOVING ON TO THE NEXT STEP IN THE LEGISLATIVE PROCESS, TWEETING, "HEAVEN MUST BE CRYING, WE SHOULD UNDO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE." What if heaven is crying because it’s taking so damn long for anything to happen to the bill? (She later said it was an "innocent" comment. Ma’am, we’re afraid you can’t untweet what has been tweeted.)
5. FORMER PRESIDENT AND CURRENT PAMPANGA REP. GLORIA ARROYO, WHO IS STILL WEARING A NECK BRACE, GOES TO DISTRIBUTE RELIEF GOODS TO HER CONSTITUENTS IN PAMPANGA. Her tenacity is legendary...unfortunately so are her other not-so-cool qualities.
6. BOXER MARK BARRIGA LOSES HIS OLYMPIC BID DUE TO A CONTROVERSIAL DECISION. There’s always 2016, kid. (We think you’re already a winner.)
<>7. PANDACAN GETS FLOODED, BUT IMELDA MARCOS’ HOUSE GETS SPARED. Is this confirmation that the deluge didn’t have heavenly origins? <> <> <> <> <>8. COURT OF APPEALS REINSTATES "RECKLESS IMPRUDENCE RESULTING IN HOMICIDE" CASE VS. RICHARD GUTIERREZ DUE HIS INVOLVEMENT IN A 2009 VEHICULAR ACCIDENT WHERE HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT WAS KILLED. There are just some things that come back to haunt you. <> <> <> <> <>9. THREE YEARS AFTER ONDOY, AND HERE WE ARE AGAIN. What does it take for things to really change? A higher body count? At the rate we’re going, that’s coming right up. <> <> <> <>10. REPORTS SAY LIBERTY ROSS, WIFE OF SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN DIRECTOR RUPERT SANDERS, WILL MOST LIKELY FORGIVE HER HUSBAND FOR CHEATING ON HER WITH ACTRESS KRISTEN STEWART. Ironically, emancipation seems to be the last thing on this woman’s mind. (Sayang ka ’te!) <> <>Art by Warren Espejo