ABS-CBNNews.com, citing additional information from dzMM, reports that as of 8:10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 11, "Several schools, colleges and universities suspended classes due to floods triggered by heavy rains since Monday evening (September 10)." Below is the list of schools where classes have been suspended so far:
- University of Santo Tomas
- St. Jude College Manila
- Eton International School (Quezon City and Manila)
- Philippine College of Criminilogy (including office work)
Pre=school to high school
- University of the East (Caloocan and Manila campuses)
- Perpetual Help College - Manila
- UNO High School
The report noted: "The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said the intermittent heavy rains and thunderstorms were caused by the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ), where a low pressure area is embedded. The said low pressure area is located 760 kilometers east of Hinatuan in Surigao del Sur.
For more on this story, log on to ABS-CBNNews.com.