Senators’ net worth revealed, based on their 2012 SALNs
GMA News Online reports that below are the 24 senators of the 15th Congress and their respective net worths based on the 2012 Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALNs) they submitted to the Senate Secretariat.
GMA News Online reports that below are the 24 senators of the 15th Congress and their respective net worths based on the 2012 Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALNs) they submitted to the Senate Secretariat. They’re listed from the richest to the "poorest:"
1. Sen. Manuel Villar - P1,452,615,408 (the Senate’s only billionaire)
2. Sen. Ralph Recto - P468,467,036.10
3. Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. - P437,238,356.18
4. Sen. Jinggoy Estrada - P193,580,509.92
5. Sen. Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. - P169,141,387.21
6. Sen. Edgardo Angara - P159,092,565.24
7. Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile - P118,626,539
8. Sen. Sergio Osmena III - P111,779,000
9. Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago - P77,694,821
10. Sen. Pia Cayetano - P72,958,612.33
11. Sen. Vicente Sotto III - P62,220,571.60
12. Sen. Franklin Drilon - P51,754,262.78
13. Sen. Loren Legarda - P45,956,803
14. Sen. Teofisto Guingona III - P43,496,472.16
15. Sen. Panfilo Lacson - P28,856647.46
16. Sen. Lito Lapid - P26,000,000
17. Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano - P23,308,333
18. Sen. Gregorio Honasan II - P21,087,050
19. Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III - P16,989,225
20. Sen. Francis Pangilinan - P14,375,209.01
21. Sen. Joker Arroyo - P11,050,000
22. Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV - P4,432,000
23. Sen. Francis Escudero - P4,017,082
(Note: One Senate seat is vacant because Sen. Noynoy Aquino was sworn in as President of the Philippines in June 2010.)
The GMA News Online report noted: "The Based on the Salary Standardization Law, a senator has a P90,000 monthly salary, while the Senate president receives P103,000 every month."
For more on this story, log on to GMA News Online.