260 private schools in NCR set to implement tuition fee increase

ABS-CBN correspondent Zen Hernandez reports that the Department of Education (DepEd) has given 182 private primary schools and 78 secondary schools in the National Capital Region (NCR) the go-signal to increase their tuition fee for this school year. The schools have been allowed to charge 6 to 10 percent more than what they did the previous year.

ABS-CBN correspondent Zen Hernandez reports that the Department of Education (DepEd) has given 182 private primary schools and 78 secondary schools in the National Capital Region (NCR) the go-signal to increase their tuition fee for this school year. The schools have been allowed to charge 6 to 10 percent more than what they did the previous year.

 

According to the report, this means that "schools charging P50,000 a year will increase tuition by P3,000 to P5,000." The article further explained, "the education department said they allowed the schools to increase fees on condition that 70 percent of the increase will go to teachers’ salary while the remaining 30 percent will be for the improvement of facilities."

 

DepEd, it added, will be "closely monitoring how the money will be spent."

 

For more on this story, log on to ABS-CBNNews.com.

Tell us your #feels!

Win
Yum
LOL
WTF
0
Total votes
View more stories tagged ""

Read more stories about

Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories

SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates right in your inbox!