MTRCB slaps Arnold Clavio with ₱20,000 fine + "grave and serious" admonition for his on-air outburst against Janet Lim Napoles’
It’s really not such a tough punishment.
InterAksyon.com reports that GMA news anchor and Unang Hirit host Arnold Clavio has received a "grave and serious admonition" from the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board for the disrespectful phone patch interview conducted last month by GMA anchor Arnold Clavio with the lawyer of controversial businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles.
The report, which was based on a resolution released by the MTRCB on Wednesday (December 4), said Clavio will also be slapped with a P20,000 fine for "indecorous language and behavior." Aside from this, the ad hoc committee also ordered him to undergo "a period of close collaboration of one month" with the MTRCB. GMA Network executives and "the executive producer, director, writer, public affairs hosts of the show have also been required to undergo a mandatory seminar to be conducted by MTRCB chair Eugenio "Toto" Villareal on December 10 and 11 at the MTRCB office.
In a two-page letter, GMA said it already addressed the incident and " had already taken steps to prevent similar missteps, primarily by reiterating the best practices of GMA News and Public Affairs".
For more on this story, log on to InterAksyon.com.