Vhong Navarro denies rape allegation, claims he was just set up

This issue is getting weirder by the minute.

Cecille Suerte Felipe of The Philippine Star reports that actor Vhong Navarro has denied rumors that he was beaten black and blue by several men last Wednesday (January 22) because he tried to rape his female friend inside her condominium unit at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

 

The report quoted Navarro as saying in an interview aired on "Buzz ng Bayan" on Sunday (January 26) that he was apparently set up by the woman-- a friend whom he met two years ago-- to be attacked by six to seven men when they met at her unit last week. The actor claimed his attackers "made him confess in a video, saying 'I am Vhong Navarro and I raped a friend' several times."

 

Navarro said the men "demanded that he pay the girl an amount that ranged from P200,000 to P1 million" while they were on their way to the police to have the supposed "incident" put on blotter. He claimed he was willing to give what they requested, but finally objected when the amount reached P2 million since he did not have that much money.

 

A teary-eyed Navarro said during the interview that he was a "good man" and did not rape anybody. He said that while he was hesitant to air his side on the incident since he is still fearful for his life and his family's safety, he decided "to come out in the open to prevent his attackers from victimizing other people."

 

For more on this story, log on to Philstar.com.

Tell us your #feels!

Win
Yum
LOL
WTF
0
Total votes
View more stories tagged ""

Read more stories about

Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories

SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates right in your inbox!