Quotes of the Week: Alex Gonzaga takes on atheists, the Lord is on Bong Revilla’s side + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) This week, there was a transport strike because the government wants to enforce traffic rules, the Commission on Higher Education made some drastic changes to college curriculum, and we found out that Piolo Pascual smells good. The three senators are still not in jail...but they will be? Soon? Maybe?
Quotable quotes of the week coming your way!
1. "Sa mga nonbelievers, na mga walang Diyos sa buhay, ’pag nagkaroon sila ng problema, nagdedeteriorate sila, kung saan-saan sila pumupunta; iinom sila, magdrudrugs sila, magwawala sila, i-co-correct nila ang isang mali sa panibagong mali." - Pinoy Big Brother Host/Housemate Alex Gonzaga, on what atheists do when they have problems.
It’s a good thing those heathens are heartless because this kind of prejudiced remark is potentially offensive.
2. "Sorry, something went wrong." - Facebook, while it was on a break.
And across the globe, people had tiny heart attacks-which they tweeted about.
3. "I’ve missed you Lotus Feet." - Kris Aquino, preparing for the sequel of her hit horror movie, Feng Shui.
Taken out of context, this statement might upset women whose feet were bound in a very painful, debilitating way. (To clarify, she means that she misses the fictional ghost who gave her luck by murdering fictional people.)
4. "Hangga’t maari, pagdating mo sa college, mga major subjects na lang." - CHED Executive Director Julito Vitriolo, on the removal of mandatory Filipino classes in college.
It’s not that nobody uses Filipino, it’s just that the Philippines has 170+ languages and not everybody speaks Tagalog/Filipino.
5. "Masakit ang ma-ignore sa party." - Esther Lahbati, Sarah Lahbati’s mother, on the embarrassing moments she experienced at the gathering for her grandson’s first birthday.
We feel you.
6. "The Lord is on my side." - Senator Bong Revilla’s shirt, while he was telling the public, "Handa naman tayo sumuko, haharapin natin itong kasong ito. Kung talagang poposasan pa tayo o kakaladkarin, hindi na maganda iyon. Handa na tayo mamatay noon kapag ganoon."
He would rather die than be handcuffed. Priorities, man! His fellow accused, Senator Jinggoy Estrada, is a bit more optimistic and had this to say, "Siguro, doon sa loob na lang ako mag-eensayo to stay physically fit. Mananatili akong sexy lagi."
7. "It felt so surreal competing against yourself." Angel Aquino, after beating herself in the Best Supporting Actress category in the 37the Gawad Urian.
Imagine how funny it would have been if she lost twice.
8. "Ang bangu-bango ni Piolo." Amalia Fuentes, during the 37th Gaward Uruan Awards Night on the scent of Papa P.
That aside, the actress also paid homage to Gerardo de Leon with great humor and even greater respect.
9. "It's time for all those 'Cumberbitches' to move on." - Producer Rebecca Eaton, breaking a million people’s hearts by revealing that Benedict Cumberbatch has a girlfriend.
All rumors. This can’t be true.
10. "Dito sa Pilipinas walang makakatanggap sa iyo kung mistress ka." Maja Salvador, on being a mistress and the The Legal Wife finale.
Being a cheater is okay...but a mistress? Off with her head!
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.