Quotes of the Week: P-Noy defends DAP, Japanese artist defends her vagina-shaped kayak + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) This week, Glenda pretty much dominated the city (and the headlines). But let’s not forget the storm of words that P-Noy unleashed on Monday (July 14). Critics are frowning upon his outright defiance of the Constitution (did he just declare war against the judicial branch of the government?), while his supporters stood by his decision to defend the "good" that DAP did. One thing’s for sure: both Glenda and DAP did some damage to the public.
1. "Mabuti ang DAP. Tama ang intensyon. Tama ang pamamaraan." - President Benigno Aquino III, on DAP and the SC ruling.
*Repeat until everyone believes*
2. "I wish [my future wife] will be in her 20s, or maybe mid-20s. As I said, I want four more children so I won’t go for a girl in her 30s." - Piolo Pascual, on a pertinent quality of the woman he’ll marry.
There goes your chance of marrying Papa P, 30-year-old ladies. Sorry.
3. "I did not expect to get arrested at all. Even as they were confiscating my works, I thought to myself, ’This will be a good story.’ Then they handcuffed and arrested me. Now, I just feel outraged." - Megumi Igarashi a.k.a. Rokudenashiko, on getting arrested for making a kayak in the shape of her vagina.
To be fair to her, there are much weirder things in Japan. This "pee-flavored" shaved ice seems more questionable.
4. "The world is such a complicated place, the fewer corners the better." - Hillary Clinton, on the kind of office she wants to have.
A circular office? A oblate spheroid office? A torus office? Help us out here, Hillary!
5. "Many of my collaborators who fight with me (against pedophilia) reassure me with reliable statistics that say that the level of pedophilia in the Church is at about two percent." - Pope Francis, on pedophilia in the church.
Let’s bring that number down to zero.
6. "Bakit kami isasali sa mga hardened or convicted criminals? We are not convicts." - Senator Jinggoy Estrada, on the prosecution’s petition to move them to Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig.
So...if you’re found guilty, you’ll let them put you in an ordinary jail? Pinky swear?
7. "I skipped the grieving part and rushed to the healing process." - Nikki Gil, letting go and moving on.
We can’t wait to see you as Cathy in The Last Five Years.
8. "I do know them so ayaw ko po na hinuhusgahan sila ng tao in a certain way because I know who they are and I know they are not like that. None of them in the family [are like that]. Lahat po sila mababait na bata." - Andi Eigenmann, defending Jake Estrada and his family.
Yii. Someone’s in love.
9. "[John Lloyd Cruz] is a good actor. I feel that when you work with someone as good as him, marami kang matututunan. Actually, that's what you look forward to when working with veterans, madami kang matututunan bilang isang baguhan ka lang." - Julia Barretto, on why she wants to work with John Lloyd Cruz.
And now we feel old. John Lloyd used to be a teen star! Eek!
10. "I'm willing, more than willing, to do those roles na kakaiba." - KC Concepcion, on doing more daring roles after winning her first FAMAS Best Actress award.
We support your decisions! (And we hope your next film has a better poster!)
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.