UP and Ateneo improved their standings in the World University Rankings
Massachusetts Institute of Technology reigns supreme
The 2014-2015 World University Rankings was published on Tuesday (September 16) and according to a report by ABS-CBN News, the University of the Philippines in Diliman and Ateneo de Manila University hiked their overall ranking.
The new list shows that Ateneo is now ranked between 461 to 470, an improvement from last year’s standing (between 500 to 550). Meanwhile, the University of the Philippines jumped from 380th to 367th place.
According Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the publisher of the list, the top 10 universities in the world are:
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (United States)
2. University of Cambridge (United Kingdom) and Imperial College London (United Kingdom) [Tie]
4. Harvard University (United States)
5. University of Oxford (United Kingdom) and University College London (United Kingdom) [Tie]
7. Stanford University (United States)
8. California Institute of Technology (United States)
9. Princeton University (United States)
10. Yale (United States
For more on this story, log on to ABS-CBNNews.com.