Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo choked on a broccoli stem according to medical records

The superstitious would say, "May nakaalala sa kanya."

The Philippine Star reported on Monday (September 22) that Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo choked on a broccoli stem and was taken to the hospital to undergo an emergency flexible nasopharyngo laryngo endoscopy. According to medical records, this happened on September 2.

 

This is not the first time that GMA had a choking incident that was a potential threat to her life. In August, she choked on a piece of melon. Her doctors said that the frequent bouts of choking are caused by esophageal stenonis, which makes swallowing difficult.

 

The procedure was done in an emergency room at the Veterans Memorial Medical Center, where the former president is still detained because of a plunder case.

 

For more on this story, log on to PhilStar.com.

Tell us your #feels!

Win
Yum
LOL
WTF
0
Total votes
View more stories tagged ""

Read more stories about

Comments

Latest Stories

Load More Stories

SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates right in your inbox!