VP Binay’s numbers dip in the recent "Presidentiable Polls"
He’s still "winning" though
GMA News reported on Monday (September 29) that Vice President Jejomar Binay is still the people’s top choice for the Presidential Elections in 2016. Unfortunately, an interjection now follows the statement. Vice President Binay is still leading but due to the recent accusations of overpricing against him and his family, the lead has diminished.
Meanwhile, DILG Secretary Mar Roxas leaped to 2nd place in the survey conducted this September, getting support from 13 percent of the respondents. Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago trails behind him with 11 percent.
The top five candidates for president are:
- Vice President Jejomar Binay (31%)
- DILG Secretary Manuel "Mar" Roxas (13%)
- Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago (11%)
- Senator Grace Poe (10%)
- Manila Mayor Joseph "Erap" Estrada (10%)
For vice president, Senator Grace Poe leads with a wide margin. Governor Vilma Santos’ name appears on the list, but at a distant 6th place.
The top five candidates for vice president are:
- Senator Grace Poe (31%)
- Senator Francis Escudero (19%)
- Senator Alan Peter Cayetano (9%)
- Senator Antonio "Sonny" Trillanes IV (7%)
- Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. (6%)
For more on this story, log on to GMANetwork.com.