10 Awesome Pick-up Lines from Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago
"Dalawang beses lang naman kita gustong makasama: now and forever."
(SPOT.ph) Madam Miriam is many things, most of them tremendously intimidating. She was almost president, she was part of an international court, and she eats death threats for breakfast. We reckon even cancer was terrified of her...so it’s a bit peculiar that she has made a name for herself as a bit of a comic. It started out with hashtags like #MiriamMondays and #WittyWednesdays. Now, it’s an entire book: Stupid is Forever. Her collection of snappy one-liners is a certified bestseller and we don’t need to say much, because the title pretty much wins in life.
The book is not just about stupid...well, unless you count love as a form of stupidity. It’s also about love and because it’s February, we’re sharing some of it with you:
1. "Pumupunta ka ba sa gym? Kasi feeling ko mag-wo-work out tayo."
2. "Kapag namatay na ako, huwag na huwag kang pupunta sa libingan ko. Baka tumibok ulit ang puso ko."
3. "Ang lampa mo naman! Tatawid ka na nga lang sa isip ko, nahulog ka pa sa puso ko."
4. "Mag-exchange gift tayo? Akin ka at iyo naman ako."
5. "Dalawang beses lang naman kita gustong makasama: now and forever."
6. "Can you recommend a good bank? Kasi I’m planning to save all my love for you."
7. "Ang pag-ibig ko sa iyo ay parang langka. Langka-tapusan."
8. "Ang pagmamahal ko sa iyo ay parang bilbil, pilit ko mang tinatago, pero halata pa rin!"
9. "Hindi naman tayo naglalaro ng tagu-taguan pero bakit hinahanap-hanap kita?"
10. "Dilim ka ba? Kasi nang dumating ka, wala na akong makitang iba."
Check out Stupid is Forever at leading bookstores.