Quotes of the Week: You can’t knock the Aquinos down, the Revillas stay strong + others
The city's most interesting soundbites this week
(SPOT.ph) March literally started with a bang, with Jolo Revilla making headlines after an "accident" while cleaning his gun. Elsewhere, Karylle dropped a bomb about an ex and Kris Aquino...well, she’s being Kris Aquino.
1. "Buong tapang kong ipamumukha na hindi nila kami mabubuwag." - Kris Aquino, on being a constant target of criticism (along with her brother, President Benigno Aquino III).
We know. We know.
2. "Until we meet again." - Mich Liggayu, to her fiancé Jam Sebastian before he passed away.
Cheesy as it is, perhaps love does transcend death.
3. "Si Dingdong lang ba ang ex niya? Kung ikukumpirma niya na si Dingdong ang ex [na tinutukoy] niya, doon ako mag-re-react." - Marian Rivera, on Karylle’s statement on cheaters.
And this is why we have an abundance of torn-between-two-lovers stories.
4. "Common sense will tell you, and I’m sure the PNP will agree kasi nagbibigay sila ng mga gun safety seminar, na kapag naglilinis ka ng baril or kapag [huma]hawak ka ng baril, you have to make sure kung loaded ba ito o hindi. Kung naglilinis ka, dapat wala yang bala. Tanggal dapat ang magazine." - Forensic Pathologist Dr. Raquel Fortun, on cleaning a gun.
Dr. Fortun also pointed out that pointing at your chest is very, very specific.
5. "He's our son. We want justice to be served, fully. If she needs to defend herself then let it be." - Remy Pastor, mother of slain racecar driver Enzo Pastor, on Dahlia Guerrero-Pastor.
The Pastors believe that their son’s widow is still in the Philippines and vows to go after her to get to the truth.
6. "I’m confident that we’ll win the fight and this will be the biggest fight night of all our lives." - Coach Freddie Roach, on the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather boxing match.
Cue track from Dirty Dancing!
7. "As we get to know more, more and more people say ’Can we trust the MILF?’ Sa akin every relationship has to start with the truth and not with a lie." - Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, on the Bangsamoro Basic Law and the peace talks.
8. "Nakakatawa din dahil ibig sabihin alam pala niya lahat nang nangyari sa Makati ayon sa kanyang patakaran na dapat alam lahat ng leader ang nangyayari sa kanyang tanggapan. Eh ’di dapat alam lahat niya ang nangyayari sa Makati na iniimbestigahan ng Senado." - DILG Secretary Mar Roxas, on Vice President Jejomar Binay’s statements about a leader knowing everything.
9. "It’s alright, anak. We have to be strong." - Senator Bong Revilla, on his son Cavite Vice Governor Jolo Revilla’s apology.
Now tilt your head and don’t forget your blocking.
10. "Let's exhaust all possibilities of a light rail system in the city, and then Stage 2 is the subway. It's heavier in scope, it's a heavier system, and it can carry more passengers. I think eventually the Philippines should have a subway system. It's just a question of timing." - MPIC Chairperson Manuel V. Pangilinan, on the future!
Oh, please, please, please make this happen. We’ve been good.
Art by Warren Espejo, with photos from PEP.ph and screenshots from Facebook fan pages, various TV show videos, news clips, and images used by fans in YouTube slideshows.