Presidential candidate Bongbong Marcos declined to be interviewed by GMA News journalist Jessica Soho because he believes she is "biased" against his family, the former senator's spokesman said Saturday.
Of the five presidential candidates with the highest survey ratings, only the son of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos will not appear in the TV special that will air later in the day.
“The reason why Bongbong Marcos decided not to join the Jessica Soho show is founded on our belief that the hostess of said popular talk show is biased against the Marcoses, and therefore, we believe her questions will just focus on negativity about BBM..." said lawyer Victor Rodriguez.
Marcos' preparedness to lead, Rodriguez said, "cannot be tested by his mere appearance on a show that has been perceived by us and our supporters as having previously displayed a preconceived judgement against the Marcoses."
Vice President Leni Robredo, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno and Senators Panfilo Lacson and Manny Pacquiao were all intervewed by Soho. The official campaign period starts on Feb. 8.
Marcos earlier granted an interview to vlogger Toni Gonzaga and was advertised to appear on TV host Boy Abunda's YouTube channel next week.
Haters Gonna Hate, Bongbong for President Seeks to Revive Marcos Name
Dear Toni, We Didn't Live Through Marcos Years and Our Anger is Valid