Here’s a Heads Up from reportr on the top news stories that you need to know today, March 2:
- If you were promoted or took on more work without a salary increase, it’s perfectly okay to ask for a raise. Start by opening discussions about it.
- How did Russia’s military become a modern, deadly and efficient fighting force that is now invading Ukraine.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Here are the in-demand job roles for 2022, according to Jobstreet.
- Eating is again allowed in cinemas under Alert Level 1 so you can snack and unwind at the same time.
- Here are the rules you need to know for commuting under Alert Level 1.
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Here’s how Google is fighting fake news and misinformation on the Philippine elections and martial law across its platforms, with focus on YouTube.
- Some 170,000 jobs will likely open up as Alert Level 1 allows for unrestricted resumption of business, save for face masks and vaccine cards.
- Supporters of Vice President Leni Robredo asked the Supreme Court to stop Comelec from enforcing rules on campaign posters in private property of non-candidates.
- Solicitor General Jose Calida asked Comelec to drop its partnership with Rappler as it revived questions on the alleged foreign ownership of the news website.
- Challenging YouTube, TikTok videos can now run as long as 10 minutes.
- Twitter and Facebook have restricted access to Russian news outlets that are linked to the Kremlin.