LIST: Who's Attending the Comelec VP Debates, Who's Not?

Seven of the nine candidates for vice president have confirmed while one declined to attend the debates organized by the Commission of Elections for the May 9 elections, its spokesperson said on Sunday.

Vice presidential bets Walden Bello, Rizalito David, Manny Lopez, Willie Ong, Francis Pangilinan, Carlos Serapio, and Vicente Sotto III all signed up to join the "Pilipinas Debates 2022: The Turning Point" happening on March 20, according to a list posted by Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez on Twitter.

Buhay party-list Rep. Lito Atienza formally declined for medical reasons, while Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio has not confirmed her attendance, the same list showed.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Duterte-Carpio on Saturday said she would skip debates as she campaigns to become the second highest-ranking official in the country, adding that she would leave it up to the voters to decide.

Her running mate, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., has also yet to confirm his attendance in the presidential debates, making him the only candidate to the highest government post to do so.

The Comelec previously said those who would skip debates would no longer be allowed to air their e-rallies through the poll body's official channel.

Apart from the main debates, a presidential and vice presidential town hall debate, where the audience can ask questions directly to the candidates, are also scheduled on April 24 and 23, respectively.

ALSO READ:

Comelec Presidential, VP Debates: What You Need to Know

Comelec Readies Presidential Debates, No-Shows to Get Empty Podiums

Comelec to Prohibit Debate Skippers from Airing E-Rallies

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Recommended Videos
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Share this story with your friends!

Help us make Spot.ph better!
Take the short survey

Read more stories about

Latest Stories

Load More Stories