10 Times Mocha Uson Deserved a Slow Clap
The former assistant secretary has a long list of...accomplishments.
(SPOT.ph) It wasn’t really a surprise when Mocha Uson was appointed assistant secretary under the Presidential Communications Operations Office, given her fervent and outspoken support for the administration. It was a position that she occupied for a year and nearly five months, and now that she's announced her resignation, she has a considerable list of accomplishments under her belt. Here are a few of them.
- She honored Filipino soldiers in Marawi by posting a picture of Honduran police officers.
- She encouraged Filipinos to think creatively and come up with better, more useful ways to spend her monthly salary of P133,454.
- She became an ambassador for the 2016 Metro Manila Film Festival.
Naniniwala ba kayo na ang survey na ginawa para sa 1986 EDSA PEOPLE POWER ay isang produkto ng FAKE NEWS? Charot!— Ethel Booba (@IamEthylGabison) February 26, 2018
- She questioned whether the widely documented and internationally lauded EDSA People Power in 1986 was the product of fake news.
- She introduced the term "self-discrimination" into the public discourse.
- She refused to apologize for her attempt to draw parallels between President Rodrigo Duterte kissing a woman in South Korea and Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino being kissed by two women minutes before he was assassinated.
- She encouraged an onslaught of insults against Vice President Leni Robredo on radio.
- She coined the term “presstitutes” for mainstream news outlets.
- Even her boss, Martin Andanar, couldn't reprimand her.
Not surprisingly, the former assistant secretary has said that she's "open to" running for a Senate seat. Let's hope she hires Drew Olivar to be her campaign manager.