The University of the Philippines Is Getting a Billion-Peso Renovation Soon
To be carried out by the Department of Public Works and Highways.
(SPOT.ph) The Department of Public Works and Highways announced on September 10 that they have signed a memorandum of agreement with the state-run University of the Philippines to undertake the implementation of 20 construction and renovation projects in the campuses. Total cost of all projects is at P2.76 billion.
These construction and renovation projects will include school building facilities, dormitory buildings, restrooms, a gymnasium, a water-impounding lagoon, various campus road works, and an environmental research and outreach center. The agreement covers 12 projects in UP Diliman, three in UP Los Baños, one each for UP Manila, UP Visayas, and UP Cebu, and an off-site facility in Puerto Galera.
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will be implementing the following construction projects:
- The rehabilitation and modernization of Gonzales Hall University Library
- The construction of the University Health Service
- The renovation of dormitory buildings such as Molave Residences Hall, Yakal Residence Hall, and the Kamia Residence Hall
- The construction of the UP Diliman Multipurpose Hall
- The Faculty and Staff Housing
- The Faculty Center
- The construction of the UP Gymnasium
- Water-impounding lagoons
- The Resilience Institute for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
- The building and renovation of public restrooms
UP Los Baños
- The construction of Agronomy, Soils, and Horticulture Building Crop Protection Wing
- The construction of Dormitory for Graduate Students
- The construction of World-Class Multimedia Production Building
Additionally, the DPWH will be undertaking the following construction and renovation works for other campuses:
- The Neuro Science Institute Building at UP Manila
- The renovation of the Undergraduate Studies Building at UP Cebu
- The construction of a 3.7-kilometer road network to the New Academic Core Zone at UP Visayas
- Phase 1 of construction of the off-campus Puerto Galera Biodiversity and Environmental Research and Outreach Center