Heads Up: Bridge in Manila to Undergo Six-Month Closure
The MMDA will be closing off the Tomas Claudio bridge in Pandacan.
(SPOT.ph) Manila isn't exactly the easiest place to move around in—an understatement, really, as the densely populated city is known for its narrow streets. But if you live or work in Manila, then you may want to pay attention: the Tomas Claudio bridge in Pandacan will undergo a six-month closure starting on August 3, 10 p.m. This is to make way for the construction of the Skyway Stage 3 Elevated Expressway Project, announced the Metro Manila Development Authority on their Facebook page.
Both lanes of the bridge will be closed, although small vehicles will be allowed to pass through a small passage from Valenzuela Street to Beata Street and vice versa. The total closure will affect around 12,000 cars that pass through the bridge daily, according to the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
"Simula [August 1] ay hahatakin na ng mga traffic enforcers ang mga sasakyan sa lugar. Bente kwatro oras pagbabawal ang pagparada ng sasakyan sa paligid ng tulay," said MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia. The agency will also be clearing off roads designated as alternate routes. Check them out below:
For vehicles heading to Sta. Mesa, Manila from Quirino Avenue:
- Enter through East Zamora Street
- Head straight to enter Labores Street
- Right on Jesus Street
- Follow Jesus Street to Paco-Sta.Mesa Road
- Head to Jacinto Zamora Bridge then destination
- Or follow usual route from Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard to Sta. Mesa
For vehicles heading to Roxas Boulevard or Quirino Avenue
- From Jacinto-Zamora Bridge, take special counterflow lane then turn left at Beata street to destination
- Or take the Lubiran Road, right at the New Panaderos Extension which will lead to Pedro Gil Street
- From Tejeron Street, head straight to Dr. M. Carreon Street then Menandro Street, right at Laura street
Main image from Google Maps.
this strange new world.