Rizal Park and Intramuros Reopen on September 16
Venue capacity is limited.
(SPOT.ph) Most indoor establishments like restaurants, museums, cinemas, and theaters will remain closed in Metro Manila for the duration of Alert Level 4 from September 16 to 30. But "outdoor tourist attractions," Department of Tourism Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat confirmed with SPOT.ph, are allowed to operate in the National Capital Region during this period. Starting on the 16th, Rizal Park, Fort Santiago, Baluarte de San Diego, and Plaza San Luis in Manila City are once again accepting visitors with limited capacity and shortened operating hours.
Rizal Park is open daily from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. with a maximum capacity of 500 visitors at any given time. The StaySafe app is used upon entry into the premises, but manual contact tracing forms are still available for those without access to mobile phones. The three Intramuros sites, Fort Santiago, Baluarte de San Diego, and Plaza San Luis, likewise have limited capacity of 150, 80, and 100 pax, respectively.
"The reopening of Fort Santiago, Baluarte San Diego and Plaza San Luis will allow visitors to again experience 2020's Asia and World's leading tourist attraction as recognized by the World Travel Awards. But we continuously urge our tourists to strictly adhere to the health and safety protocols to sustain the resumption of tourism in the country," the tourism chief said in a statement.
Here are the health and safety protocols for Rizal Park and Intramuros reopening:
- Only those who are aged 18 to 65 without immunodeficiencies, comorbidities, and other health risks are allowed to visit. Pregnant women are also not allowed.
- Fully vaccinated individuals can proceed to the Express Lane at Fort Santiago and Baluarte San Diego to avoid the long queues.
- Visitors should access the online contact tracing form through the posted QR codes available at the entrance of Fort Santiago and Baluarte de San Diego. These forms can also be access through the following links: bit.ly/fosanti and bit.ly/bsndiego.
- Wear a face mask and face shield at all times. These can only be removed during picture taking, but must be worn immediately afterwards.
- Physical distancing and frequent hand washing must also be observed.
"As of September 14, 99% of the workers in Intramuros Administration—including outsourced security and janitorial workers—have also been fully vaccinated. Meanwhile, over 96% of all personnel stationed at Rizal Park have already received their complete COVID-19 vaccination," Puyat shared in a statement.
We are now on Quento! Download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from SPOT.ph and other Summit Media websites.