Leila de Lima’s GMA dilemma, Hillary Clinton gets slammed + more lowlights
Plus, <em>Twilight</em> fans hacked, the Pacman-Marquez debate, Atty. Ferdinand Topacio’s ballsy sacrifice, and more nutty news.
1. MORE THAN P35 MILLION WORTH OF SMUGGLED ONIONS INTERCEPTED BY THE BUREAU OF CUSTOMS (BOC). As if we didn’t have enough to cry about.
2. AFTER FIVE MONTHS, NO CASES HAVE BEEN FILED AGAINST BOC PERSONNEL HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALMOST 2,000 MISSING CONTAINER VANS. How come nobody took the onions?
3. EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF UP’S PHILIPPINE COLLEGIAN SHOUTS ANTI-U.S. SLOGANS DURING U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY CLINTON’S PUBLIC FORUM. Apparently, the TV is mightier than the pen.
4. ATTY. FERDINAND TOPACIO VOWS TO HAVE ONE OF HIS BALLS CUT OFF TO VOUCH FOR THE CHARACTER OF HIS CLIENTS, GLORIA AND MIKE ARROYO. His sacrificial ball has become the butt of jokes.
5. REP. GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO BARRED FROM LEAVING THE COUNTRY, CAUGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MELEE AT NAIA. Somewhere out there, one senator is laughing so hard that his glasses have fogged up.
6. AFTER PAYING THE P180,000 BOND, REP. MIKEY ARROYO IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY. As far as we know, no body part was offered for this privilege.
7. THE MANNY PACQUIAO-JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ FIGHT SPAWNS CONTROVERSY. Suddenly, everyone’s a boxing analyst.
8. MARIAN RIVERA WEIGHS IN ON THE PACMAN-MARQUEZ FIGHT. See what we mean?
9. TWILIGHT FANS EAGER FOR BREAKING DAWN UPDATES BECOME HACKERS’ DELIGHTS. It’s only because hackers want Bella to end up with Jacob the werewolf instead of Edward the vampire. (The sparkly bloodsucker is cute, but the enchanted furball has killer abs.)
10. P-NOY ORDERS DOJ SEC. LEILA DE LIMA TO KEEP A CLOSE WATCH ON GLORIA ARROYO’S CASE. Will she get time off to watch Breaking Dawn?
Art by Warren Espejo