Stay Home, Spotters: DOT Suspends Leisure Travel Starting Today
Official guidelines have just been announced.
(SPOT.ph) Malacañang officially imposed general community quarantine with "heightened restrictions" from July 30 to August 5 and enhanced community quarantine from August 6 to 20 over Metro Manila on Friday, July 30. The enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) is the strictest of all community quarantines implemented since the pandemic started in the first quarter of 2020. As a reminder of what this means, the Department of Tourism issued a statement detailing what's allowed and what's not.
Here are the GCQ-HR and ECQ travel guidelines according to the Department of Tourism:
These tourism activities are suspended effective immediately:
- Point-to-point flights for leisure
- Any type of non-essential travel to and from NCR Plus
- Indoor tourist attractions
- Staycation hotels
- DOT-accredited hotels and resorts outside NCR Plus are not allowed to accept leisure guests from NCR Plus
- Mass gatherings, including social events and Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE)
These are the only travel-related activities allowed:
- Returning flights for travelers residing in NCR Plus
- Travel of Authorized Persons Outside their Residences in and out of NCR Plus
- Those who are already checked-in for staycation as of July 29 may continue their stay until the last day of their original booking.
The Department of Tourism, in a statement, urged their stakeholders, particularly the hotel operators, travel agencies and airlines, to allow affected guests to rebook without charges.
We are now on Quento! Download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from SPOT.ph and other Summit Media websites.
this strange new world.