Ilocos Norte Is Now Open to Leisure Travelers From NCR
It is known for its beaches in Pagudpud.
(SPOT.ph) Following the reopening of Coron, Boracay, and Siargao, another travel destination is ready to accept guests from all over the Philippines as long as health protocols are followed, of course. Ilocos Norte, an outdoor lover's haven in north Luzon, is now welcoming people from areas under Alert Level 4 like Metro Manila and places under general community quarantine and modified general community quarantine.
In an anouncement by Ilocos Norte's local tourism office, they said that up to 75% tourism workers are already vaccinated. They're also implementing health and hygiene protocols aligned with the World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travel protocols.
Here are the latest Ilocos Norte travel requirements (as of September 24):
- Negative COVID-19 test results
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Travelers from areas under Alert Level 4 have three options: results from an RT-PCR (swab or saliva) taken within 72 hours, results from a rapid antigen test taken within 24 hours, or a rapid antigent test taken upon arrival in Ilocos Norte
- Travelers from areas under GCQ/MGCQ or Alert Levels 1, 2, and 3 can either present negative test results from a rapid antigen test taken within 24 hours or take the rapid antigen test upon arrival in Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Norte registration (ilocosnorte.ph)
- S-pass registration
- Government-issued ID
- Confirmed booking from Department of Tourism-accredited accommodation or travel agency
We are now on Quento! Download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from SPOT.ph and other Summit Media websites.