(SPOT.ph) How many times have you wished that the Philippines had its own version of the game shows Wipeout or American Ninja Warrior? The obstacle course may be challenging, but imagine slaying it out there before getting wiped out and falling into the water. If you're looking for the newest floating playground in the country, one just sprung up in Northern Luzon if you happen to be in that part of our arhipelago. The 4,200-square-meter Paoay Lake Water Park officially opened at the Malacañang of the North in Barangay Suba, Paoay, Ilocos Norte on January 30.
Much like your favorite Inflatable Island in Subic, Paoay Lake Water Park has the Tarzan Swing, wehere you can show off your somersaults before diving into the water; Jumping Pillow, which acts like a super launcher; three kinds of slides—Sunny Slide, Slippery Slope, and the giant Slide for the kid in you; and the Wobbly Bridge to test your sense of balance. It also features an inflatable pool right in the middle of the obstacle course.
How to Book Tickets at Inflatable Island, Ilocos Norte:
To book your tickets, choose your preferred date, time, and kind of pass through www.theinflatableisland.com/ilocos. There's Splash (two hours) for P349, Spray (half day) for P399, and Soaked (whole day) for P499. All play passes have whole-day access to the lake and its other attractions and activities (volleyball, kayaking, Frisbee, giant Jenga, etc). Walk-in guests need to add P100 on top of the online rates.
List of Ilocos Norte Travel Requirements (as of January 7):
- For fully vaccinated travelers: VaxCertPH COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, Locally issued vaccination card, or WHO International Certificate of Vaccination
- For unvaccinated travelers: Medical certification with doctor's name and contact details stating medical reason preventing them to get vaccinated
- All tourists regardless of vaccination status are required to undergo an antigen test upon arrival at the border, present a negative RT-PCR test taken within 60 hours, or present a negative antigen test taken within 24 hours.
- Government-issued ID
- Confirmed booking slip/form from accredited hotel/resort or travel agency
- Online registration through ilocosnorte.ph
But before you dive in, note that the Department of Environment and Natural Resources recommended an extensive cleanup drive around Paoay Lake on January 24, following their assessment that the 387-hectare lake is highly contaminated with E.coli bacteria. Laboratory results exceed the "standard for Class C waters," making the body of water not fit for swimming.
Paoay Lake Water Park is at Malacañang of the North, Barangay Suba, Paoay, Ilocos Norte. It is open daily from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Rates start at P349. To book, visit Inflatable Island's website.