Top 50 SPOT.ph Comments of 2011
Did your comment make it to our favorites this year?
(SPOT.ph) We love hearing from our readers, a passionate group not apt to let a moment pass without sounding off on issues, stories and reviews. Following last year’s list, we’ve culled the funniest, most insightful, honest and witty comments. Here, our top 50 favorite comments for 2011:
50. "Reality hurts when a non-Filipino tells it in (sic: to) your face."
49. "Better "praning" than "patay," I guess."
48. "No one put the heat on that lady, except her and her tweets."
47. "At least you know Vic Sotto won’t have a leaked video when the relationship ends."
46. "Ma’am Charo and all the gods of ABS-CBN must be calling an emergency meeting right now."
45. "It wasn’t just Cory who challenged the Marcos dictatorship. Dream on and let that overrated drama live on."
44. "Ito na ang pinakamalaking soap opera ng kontemporaryong panahon."
43. "I don’t think that the world would respect Pacquiao this way if he was fighting "irrelevant" fighters."
42. "Well, I’d say out of the two ... Carla had the bigger balls."
41. "How unfortunate that no matter how intelligent our opinions may be, they will remain unread and unheard by the people who make decisions."
PHILOSOPHY IS KEY on Sen. Lito Lapid finally joins RH Bill debate, presents his wife as "case study"
40. "Face it, Anne Curtis makes news...Let’s not be bitter."
39. "The tongue is the sword that slits the throat. Remember that ladies."
38. "Well... majority of SPOT commenters are surely "possessed by evil spirits." "
EXORCIST on 100 high school students in Cagayan allegedly "possessed by evil spirits"
37. "Napapa-lingon ala Linda Blair ako sa mga nangyayari sa bayang ito."
36. "I believe we should ask the new secretary the following question: how can we help in your tourism campaign?"
35. "Mga tunay na lalake lang ang may karapatang mag-sando kahit saan, kahit kailan."
34. "What we need is an energetic Cheer Leader who can sell refrigerators to the Eskimos."
33. "Freedom of expression is a universal declaration. The US blueprint may be a guide but not the only model."
32. "Only a demon can recognize another demon who might have surfaced from hell."
31. "If everybody needs to pay taxes, where do our taxes go?"
30. "We don’t need to hurt each other just because we believe in different things."
ART-OR-NOT on Church spurns artist's "blasphemous" art
29. "Why pick on shallow topics? We forgive you father, for you have sinned. "
28. "Marquez may have lost the fight, but he was successful in showing the chink in Pacman’s armor."
MARQUEZ DESERVES A REMATCH on After Manny Pacquiao’s controversial victory, Freddie Roach says, "I think Marquez deserves a rematch"
27. "It’s sad that this new age tool of communication has been widely used to spread misinformation."
26. "The Circus is indeed in town."
25. "This is about a scorned lover who couldn’t face the fact that his lover no longer wants him."
24. "The problem with Filipino die-hard fans is that their loyalty crosses the private lives of their idols."
23. "You know you’ve arrived when you have such polarizing effect on those who read your stuff."
22. "Can someone please donate a hearing aid to Dan Hill..."
21. "You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. He is the perfect example of that."
KORORO on Apple boss Steve Jobs dies at 56
20. "He should spend his money somewhere else. He became famous and successful, without them."
19. "Atty., could you put that in writing and have it duly notarized?"
18. "I’d love to hear from the drivers, helpers, and guards about the things that "Ang Galing" party did for them."
NO HOPE PHIL on Rep. Mikey Arroyo leaves for the U.S. after paying P180,000 bond
17. "His conscience is so clear, he appears to have none at all."
16. "Let us put all our energy where it is needed most."
15. "It takes a "Croc" to nab a monster Croc."
14. "I guess the security guards’ magic wand didn’t work out as planned this time now did it?"
13. "May I respectfully suggest to require brain scanners in Congress?"
12. "Will changing the name of iconic EDSA improve traffic?"
11. "May mga bibig na parang manhole. Dapat palaging nakasara."
10. "If the crocodile isn’t eating, they should try feeding him our politicians. "
POLITICIANS ARE NICE on PETA defends Agusan del Sur’s monster crocodile: "Free Lolong!"
9. "The government, and yes even the church does not have the right to choose which people to protect or provide for. Every human being here in this world has that right."
8. "Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo = Best Actress in a Drama Series"
7. "Sana income taxpayers lang ang pwedeng bumoto."
6. "I don’t know if Spot made another mistake. Based on the list of names above, the title could have possibly been "5 possible boyfriends for Papa P (In case it doesn’t work out with KC Concepcion)." lol. I am not sure, SPOT, but setting up KC with at least 5 guys from the list above might give her the same problems she is encountering now with Papa P."
5. "PNoy has found where his balls were!!!"
SMACKMYBITCHUP on P-Noy says no to a state burial for Marcos
4. "Why not raise a bill to execute lawmakers who come up with silly resolutions/laws/acts?"
3. "There really are a lot of snakes in NAIA. Cold-blooded and predatory, they look for prey frequently at customs check points."
FLYBOY on Another python captured in NAIA
2. "All I can say is she’s been a good chess player with whatever she’s been thrown with so far."
GAME OF POLITICS on Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo postpones travel plans, aide says she is now "too weak"
1. "Anyone there who wants to make an article titled, "Umasal lamang ng ayon sa talino"?"
BLACK LUNG on Umasal Lamang Nang Ayon sa Ganda
Read 2010’s Top 50 Comments of the Year
SPOT.ph wants to know: What was your favorite comment of the year?