It's a step forward for LRT-2, which aims to be a pet-friendly railway, Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA) administrator Hernando Cabrera said. So far, only the MRT also allows small pets aboard its trains.
"Beginning February 1, puwede nang magdala at magsakay ng ating mga pets sa mga istasyon at tren ng LRT Line 2," said Cabrera.
Also read: No LRT 1 and 2 Fare Hikes for Now
Will this be soon implemented at the LRT-1?
"Eventually siguro, we will be able to involve din ang private operator ng Line 1 to have the same policy."
Reminders when bringing your pets aboard the LRT-2:
LRT-2 released these guidelines for furparents who plan to bring their pets to the train:
- Only small dogs and cats are allowed.
- Only one pet per passenger is allowed.
- The pet should always be inside an enclosed carrier or cage not exceeding 2ft x 2 ft in size. It should be on the passenger's lap or on the floor at the passenger's feet.
- Pet strollers are not allowed.
- The pet must wear a diaper to maintain cleanliness and sanitation.
- The pet shall be subject to inspection, and the pasenger-owner must present his/her pet's vaccination card upon inspection.
- The pet carrier/cage should not occupy an extra seat inside the train.
- The passenger-owner and his/her pet shall only be allowed to board at the last/end coach of the train.
- Feeding the pet while inside the train is strictly prohibited.
- The passenger-owner shall be solely responsible for any injury or damage that may be caused by/to the pet.
- The LRT may, at its sole discretion, refuse to transport pets that appear unruly, aggressive, distressed, in pain, and/or pose threat to the health and safety of other passengers.