Heads Up: Here Are the Roads to Avoid for SONA 2019
Basically just don't go near the Batasang Pambansa if you don't need to.
(SPOT.ph) We're never sure what to expect during President Rodrigo Duterte's State of the Nation Addresses, but one thing that's always constant is the insane amount of traffic in Quezon City. The fourth State of the Nation Address (SONA) is happening on July 22 at the Batasang Pambansa Complex in Batasan Hills, and the Quezon City Police Department has released their rerouting plans and traffic schedule for the entire day. While classes have already been suspended in all levels on Monday, the adults will be doing their daily hustle, so be prepared!
"We are appealing for the understanding and patience of those who will be affected by the heavy traffic on Monday. The rerouting advisory may help motorists to find or take alternative routes. It would also be best advised for those who have no much important transaction to just stay home, if possible until after the SONA," said Police Brigadier General Joselito T. Esquivel, Jr. in a statement.
Here's the traffic schedule for the 2019 SONA:
From 12:01 a.m.
- Clearing operations for the entire Commonwealth Avenue, north and south bound, will begin: Illegally parked vehicles will be towed.
- Northbound lanes will be closed from Home Depot to Sandiganbayan U-turn slot. Southbound lanes will remain open.
- Batasan Road, formerly IBP, eastbound from Filinvest 1 to Sinagtala Street will be closed to traffic to give space to demonstrators.
From 6 a.m.
- Vehicles coming from Quezon Memorial Circle will take zipper lane from Home Depot U-turn slot to Sandiganbayan U-turn Slot.
- Southbound lanes will be open.
From 2:30 p.m.
- Light vehicles coming from Quezon Memorial Circle heading to Fairview can follow this route: from North Avenue, turn right to Mindanao Avenue, then right at Old Sauyo Road, left to Chestnut Street, right to Dahlia Street, left to Fairlane Street and finally exit at Commonwealth Avenue.
- Light vehicles from Fairview heading to Quezon Memorial Circle can follow this route: From Commonwealth Avenue, right at Fairlane Street, then right to Dahlia Street, left to Chestnut Street, right to Old Sauyo Road, right to Mindanao Avenue, take a U-turn at corner Quirino Highway to Mindanao Avenue, and finally left to North Avenue.
- Heavy vehicles are advised to take the Commonwealth route.
From 4 p.m.
The entire stretch of Batasan Road might be closed to traffic. Light vehicles going from Quezon Memorial Circle to Filinvest, Barangat Bagong Silangan, and other inner portions of Barangay Batasan hills can take the following route:
- Filinvest 2: Take zipper lane from Home Depot U-turn to Sandiganbayan U-turn slot, right on Litex Payatas Road, right on Abris Street, right on Bougainvillea Street, right on Lower Jasmin Street, right on Ilang Ilang Street, left on Santan Street, left on Sampaguita Street, left turn on Violago Road, then enter Gate 3 of Filinvest 2.
- Filinvest 1: Pass through Filinvest 2 to reach the Batasan-San Mateo Road then enter Kagawad Street, right on Resolution Street, right on Senatorial Street, right on Sinagtala Street, left on Masbate or Cotabato St., then left on Filinvest 1 Road to enter the subdivision's gate.
- Barangay Bagong Silangan: Same route as Filinvest 2, but follow Violago Road to your destination.
- Light vehicles going to Filinvest 2, San Mateo Rizal and Marikina City may take alternate route from Commonwealth-Sandigan: right on Sinagtala Street, right on Senatorial Street, left on Resolution Street, left on Kagawad Road then finally right turn on Batasan San Mateo Road.
From 6 p.m.
- Only westbound lanes of Batasan road leading to the Sandiganbayan underpass will be opened for VIPs exiting from the SONA.
- Westbound lane from Litex to Batasan Complex south gate will remain closed until further notice.
Main image from SPOT.ph archives.