(SPOT.ph) Over the weekend, Globe Telecom announced that they are making their 5G signal more accessible in Metro Manila by building more 5G sites throughout the Metro—good news for those who are in desperate need of fast Internet connection to make their day-to-day lives more efficient. But how fast is "fast," you ask? Depending on location and network traffic, reports say that 5G signal should be at least 10 times faster than 4G speed—and eventually, up to 100 times faster. To put it even more in perspective, you could download a full-length movie in just a few seconds with the ultra-fast wireless Internet connection.
According to Globe Telecom, they've added 5G to the following sites:
- Quezon City: Commonwealth Avenue, Tandang Sora Road, Mindanao Avenue, Luzon Avenue
- Manila: Abad Santos Avenue, Rizal Avenue, Honorio Lopez Boulevard
- Marikina: Sumulong Highway, Bagong Silang
- Caloocan: Quirino Highway, C3 Road, Congressional Road Extension
- Valenzuela: Pan Philippine Highway, Tamaraw Hill Road
- Mandaluyong: Shaw Boulevard; Boni Avenue
- Pasig: C. Raymundo Avenue, The Medical City Bus Stop
- Las Pinas: Alabang Zapote Road, Marcos Alvarez Avenue
- Makati: Pasong Tamo, JP Rizal, and strategic areas in Magallanes Village
- Taguig: Lawton Avenue, Philippine Army, McKinley Road, and Forbes Park
- Paranaque: East Service Road, Dona SoledadAvenue, Dr. A. SantosAvenue
- Strategic areas along SLEX and NLEX
Exciting, right? Here's the catch: Not all smartphones are built for 5G connectivity. While 5G signal has yet to be widely available across the country, there's already quite a selection of smartphones with 5G compatibility. In case you're already looking to upgrade your phone, it might be wise to choose one that lets you maximize wireless Internet speeds especially now that 5G is slowly being more accessible locally. Not sure where to look? Don't worry. We round up some smartphones you can shop that are 5G-ready.