PSA: Health Workers Now Have Free Shuttles to Get to Work
This will hopefully help frontliners in the fight against COVID-19.
(SPOT.ph) Preventing the spread of COVID-19 is everybody's fight. Yet our health workers on the frontlines—not to mention several workers who live on a daily wage—were forced to walk to work during the first few days of the enhanced community quarantine implemented all over Luzon.
With mass public transport down, two free shuttle services for health workers in the National Capital Region have been organized by both the office of Vice President Leni Robredo and the Department of Transportation. Check out what you need to know below:
The six routes as organized by the Office of the Vice President start and end at the following areas:
- Route 1: Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Alabang to Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Manila
- Route 2: Heritage Hotel EDSA extension (via Roxas Blvd., via Quirino Ave.) to EDSA Quezon Avenue Station, Metro Rail Transit Line 3
- Route 3: SM Mall of Asia EDSA to Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall, Cainta
- Route 4: EDSA extension corner Macapagal Avenue to Monumento Light Rail Transit Line 1
- Route 5: SM Fairview (via Commonwealth Ave, via Quezon Memorial Circle) to Lawton Light Rail Transit Line 1 (LRT-1)
- Route 6: Balintawak Light Rail Transit Line 2 to Heritage Hotel EDSA extension
Round trips will start at 6 a.m, 11 p.m., and 4 p.m. The pilot trip started today, March 18. Just note that the routes and schedules may change depeneding on what is needed!
Health workers can get on the shuttle service for free; all they need to present is a valid ID from their place of work. Temperature checks, hand-disinfecting, and registering in a logbook will also be done before entering. Social distancing will also be observed in the bus, according to a statement on Robredo's official Facebook page.
Ten buses were deployed by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) at 7 a.m. on March 18, too. There are three routes available:
- Route 1: Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange to Quezon City General Hospital
- Route 2: Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange to the Chinese General Hospital in Manila
- Route 3: BFCT East Terminal in Marikina to San Lazaro Hospital in Manila
The schedules and routes of this free bus service will also be subject to change, said the DOTr. Health checks in line with the protocol set by the Department of Health will also be in place. A salute to each and every health worker on the frontline!