(SPOT.ph) UPDATE: Sick of waiting in line to top up beep cards before entering the LRT? Your fast pass is here—and it comes in the form of a Maya QR ticket.
You can now use Maya mobile app to purchase Single Journey Tickets for LRT-1 trips. The QR ticket will cost the same as the beep card fare, but there will be a P2 convenience fee for every transaction. To encourage commuters, Maya offers one free ride per person per month in the form of cashback vouchers until August 31, 2023 only.
For example, Balintawak to Gil Puyat under the Single Journey Ticket fare is P30. Maya will only charge P25 for the trip with a P2 convenience fee, which is still cheaper than the regular fare.
ikotMNL app users can also buy QR tickets in app using through Maya.
How the Maya app works on LRT-1 Fast Lane
There is at least one QR beep scanner found in each LRT-1 station. Look for the black-colored ones with the Maya logo with a sign that reads “FAST LANE" Pictured below is the automated fare gate at Roosevelt Station.
This QR ticketing system has been eyed since 2022 as part of the LRMC's digitalization efforts to boost contactless payment. You can also choose to reload beep cards in Maya, if you’re a physical beep card loyalist.
Also read: How to Transfer Funds from GCash to PayMaya
How to buy LRT-1 ticket with Maya
1. Download the Maya app, if you haven’t yet.
2. Go to Services and find Lifestyle. Tap on LRT-1.
3. Select your route.
4. Set your origin and destination.
5. Pay for the fare using your Maya wallet.
Your QR ticket should show up after payment. Take note that the QR ticket is only valid for 24 hours from purchase.
How to buy LRT-1 tickets using the ikotMNL app
Passengers can also use Light Rail Manila Corporation (LRMC)'s train and tourism app ikotMNL to buy single-journey tickets through Maya Business. By doing so, you can also keep track of your LRT-1 transactions.
1. Open the ikotMNL app. Click the beep QR ticket button.
2. Choose the LRT-1 route. Select route, direction, starting and destination point.
3. Proceed to payment. Select your mode of payment.
4. Save and download the QR ticket, which will be generated once payment is confirmed.
5. At the LRT-1 station, scan the QR ticket at the Automatic Fare Collection System (AFCS) gate or the QR reader.
(Updated as of May 25, 2023 to include more details revealed during the official launch of the Maya and LRT-1's Fast Lane)