(SPOT.ph) Since pets are already part of our family, there's always the issue (and separation anxiety) of having to leave them behind with your friends, availing the services of a pet sitter, or entrusting them to a pet boarding facility if you're going out of town or spending the night somewhere else. It's a good thing that there are now a number of pet-friendly hotels and resorts in the country, where dogs can enjoy a weekend getaway with their hoomans. You can also take things further and bring them to a luxurious hotel that also has a special menu for pets, such as the five-star Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila in Pasay City.
LOOK: Manila's Newest Pet-Friendly Hotel Is an Homage to Philippine Art
Spot Stays: This Pet-Friendly Hotel Near Manila Is Your Next Weekend Escape
If you're bringing a pet (dog or cat), make sure that you book in advance and fill out their pet waiver form, which shall be presented upon arrival at the hotel entrance. The form includes personal details (name, e-mail address, and contact number) as well as pet details (whether dog or cat, name, breed, and height and weight).
They have a fixed cleaning fee of P5,000 per pet for your entire stay, whether overnight or long-term. You can also bring your pet's own bed and feeding bowl during your stay. Just remember that Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila's rooms and hallways are mostly carpeted, so be extra careful about your pet's waste.
Their pet-friendly Posh Pooch Menu is available for in-room dining or at the Sunset Bar. Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila guarantees that all items on the list do not contain garlic or onion. You can choose from the following:
- Grilled Chicken Strips - P300
- Bolognese Paw-sta - P360
- Roast Beef Dinner - P420
- Salmon and Vegetable Fried Rice - P300
- Healthy Chicken Paw-ridge - P240
- Peanut Butter Pup-cake - P175
- Watermelon Paw-secco - P180
- Oatmeal Pup-uccino Cookie - P120
Also read: Independent Doggo Walks Home Alone After Grooming Appointment
Guidelines at this pet-friendly hotel (as indicated in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila's Pet Waiver Form):
- Ensure that your pet wears a diaper in all areas of the hotel;
- Carry or keep your pet in a cage or inside a pet bag while inside the hotel;
- Pass in the allowed areas: lobby, elevator, hallways going to outdoor spaces, guestrooms, and outdoor areas, including Sunset Bar and La Veranda outdoor area;
- Bring to outdoor events if allowed by the event organizer;
- Pets are currently not permitted in the indoor areas of restaurants and function rooms, except for service animals;
- Declare if the pet is serving any medical purpose for you or your guests. Kindly present documentation, such as an ID or a medical certificate;
- Ensure that all applicable vaccinations have been facilitated to your pet for the general well-being of hotel guests and staff. Pet vaccination cards shall be presented at the hotel;
- Maintain proper order and behavior of your pet during your stay/visit by using a leash, bag, or cage;
- The owner and his/her pet should be registered occupants in the room. Please keep the general hygiene of the pet throughout your stay;
- Ensure the cleanliness of the area after use of the pet and report to the hotel in case of any damage;
- Be answerable for any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, fines, penalties, expenses, and cleaning/sanitation charges;
- Pay corresponding fees should your pet excrete waste in common areas of the hotel;
- Pay P5,000 as a cleaning fee for the room upon check-in;
- Any case of disturbances to the hotel operations and/or guests, the management reserves the right to move out the pet outside the hotel.
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila is at the CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City. For more information, visit Sofitel's website.